- An opel car travels 736 km in 8 hours. What is the speed of the car at that time? S = 92 kmph
- If a horse travels 52 m in 3 minutes what is the rate of the horse? S = 17.33 mph
- A plane flew for 7.95 hours between Chicago and London, if its speed was 812.7 kmph what was its speed? D = 6460.57 km
- The speed of a lion going for a kill is 12 m/s. How much time will it take the lion to run 37 m? T = 3.08 seconds
- If a runner can go 3.25 m/s and runs for 2.32 hours during a race, what is the distance covered during the race? D = 27,144 m
- A balloon travels approximately at the speed of 46.9 kmph. Calculate the time in hours it takes to tracel 26,578.64 m. T = 0.57
If you lost your sheet you can find our home work sheet on moodle on this link:
http://zagreb.ceesa.net/course/view.php?id=188 and on that link you can also find our next homework assignment. Our next homework is to do the other sheet, Speed Problems #2. The first two are easy, the second two to are getting harder and the last two you need to really concentrate. And remember the triangle: For distance multiply speed x time, for speed divide distance/time, and for time divide distance/speed. And remember Formula - plug - chug!
The next scribe is Emilija!