Neo Earth

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ben's Reflection Post

Ben's Fourth Quarter Reflection Post


1. Over this past year, I feel that I have definitely improved as a blogger. I was looking back at older posts and saw that they didn't have too much information or scientific vocabulary. Also there was a lack of pictures and formatting skills. After that, I looked at my most recent post and saw improvement in almost every field of blogging.

2. The blog did help us learn new things about the current unit whether it was from youtube videos or diagrams. Also, the blog could be used as a study guide for an upcoming quiz or test. Also the blog helped me when I was sick one time, because whoever was scribing recounted the class and what new information we learned so I felt like I didn't even miss science class. I'm sure anyone else who missed class could say this as well.
3. Besides a science class blog, the concept of blogging could be used in other subjects. Another thing could be a personal journal recounting your day for anyone who you want to keep in touch with but one person is far away. From personal experience, another usage is a travel blog. A blog to tell about all of your travels and adventures to friends and family. Blogs could also be sued for sports or reviews on movies, TV shows, books, video games, and so on.

4. I wouldn't say that blogging has extremely improved my writing skills, but in some aspects it did. My scientific vocabulary has been enlightened and I've learned random words I didn't know before just from reading comments. Also, because blogger was on the Internet, I always had the urge to use shortened spellings of words like I would on social networking sites. I don't do that as much now because blogger is supposed to be formal, with sophisticated words instead of casual and slang.

5. Leaving comments to other people's posts have improved my ability to find something nice to say about the psot, even if there really was nothing, for example, the colors you used were vibrant and made the post come together. Also, at the beginning of blogging, I really only commented about the writing and grammar instead of taking in the pictures, links, and labels. It's good that I got this skill from blogging, because it will probably be useful later in life.

6. There are many important things I have learned from blogging so I will narrow it down to three things: 1) There is always something good to say about the post. 2) Even the littlest things in a post, like colors or the font could impact your grade and what people think about it. 3) If you plan on making a blog post on an Apple computer, there is a good chance everything will go completely wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Reflection Post Ben! You have been honest and thorough in your writing and answers. I agree that your posts have improved, as have your comments, over the course of the year! Plus you have given some terrific examples of how a blog could be used! Great work overall on the Blogging Project! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete