Neo Earth

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Valentina's Reflection Post

I think that I have improved as a blogger because now, I know how to add videos and photos, and how to add hyperlinks. Writing blogs is easier now, because the writing comes more fluently. The blog has also helped me as a writer, because I make less spelling and grammar mistakes. I feel I have also improved because I am more responsible, meaning that I remember that I have to make a post or a comment, and I keep track of when I should do it, when it's due, and to who I have to do it, or about what.
I feel blogs contribute to the class leaning, because you can go on the blog whenever you want, study, take notes, and remember what we have done in class if it was hard to understand or if you were sick. It also helps if you need to study, because it contains all the information one might need and it helps them go through the main highlights of the day, with extra information (if needed).
The blog could be used for many different things, to groups of people that have the same idea, as well as for discussions on different items. As a school project, the blog is used well and efficiently the way it is, but another way one may use it is by posting something they made, to then know (by other people's comments) what he or she should improve and what he or she did wrong. Also, it could be used to go over the important facts of the school day, or the questions that could have risen throughout the day, about something the teacher had said. One last way it could be used as a school project could be if it is used to study tests or quizzes together and to do homework or discuss it, in case of any questions or misunderstandings.
Blogging helped my overall writing because if I did a grammatical or spelling error, someone else would notify me immediately, and I wouldn't do it the time after that. Also, I learned how to express my ideas and write information, and a better way of writing blogs. I also learned how to make writing more interesting and how to catch the reader's attention.
Blogging helped me write comments to others about their writing because I learned how to see and understand other people's errors so that I could tell them. Also, I learned how to explain to them how they could improve it, as well as what they should keep the same. I learned how to balance the compliments and critics so that I wasn't overdoing in and category, as well as I learned how to write all their errors, in a non-offensive and embarrassing way as much as possible.
I think that the most important thing I learned from blogging is that to be able to write an interesting blog, you have to have a mix of many different things, from a good and legible font, to an interesting title and a variety of colors, and even important details or nice pictures. And that even if you have the best writing ever, if you don't also include the other things and some cool links, it will be a lot harder to focus, and way more boring to all the people reading it.

1 comment:

  1. Great Reflection Post Valentina! You have covered all of the necessary parts and I would agree that blogging has helped your writing in science! Your commenting has become much more specific and focused and I think you do understand how to write in a manner that makes the information we have covered be more interesting. Overall, nice work! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete