Neo Earth

Monday, January 17, 2011

Ben's Reflection Post for Scribing
1-17-10

Hey Everybody!
For my first scribe post, most of the comments were overall good, but the people who commented did have very good suggestions that would've made my post even better. One of the suggestions that came up most was that I needed more pictures and that the one I used should be bigger. I agree with them about that because now that I look back, the picture is small and its text is hardly visible. Another popular suggestion, was that I needed to Hyperlink my links so people didn't have to copy and paste into their address bar. I also needed to put the date of the classes I was scribing for, instead of just listing them as "Thursday and Friday's science class". Another thing I could've improved, was making the post more original instead of just sticking with one color the entire post which made it uninteresting. Besides those, I believe I did good, but not great on my first scribe post. Some of the things I did well were:
  • Have a lot of scientific vocabulary and lots of information about what we did in class
  • Post the answers to our homework assignment
  • Not make any spelling or grammar mistakes
  • Use of links (even though they weren't Hyperlinked I still had a lot)
  • Homework assignment for that class
  • Legible font
  • Being organized and having the post split into sections
Next quarter I can guarantee that I will have a better scribe post because after seeing everyone else's posts and their comments to mine, I know exactly what to do and how to do it in some cases. I am looking forward to blogging next quarter because the 6 graders will be joining us in Blogging(if I remember correctly) and getting to see what new things people will do. Blogging is good to have in a class because it is easy to know what happened if you were absent, and if you aren't too sure on a subject we learned about, it will most probably be on the post of whoever is scribing for our class. There are only two things I don't like about Blogger. The first is that there is no spell checker so you have to be sure about what you're typing. Second, not everything on Blogger is compatible with a Mac such as importing a photo and then you have to drag it in and you can't change its size. Other than that, I had a great time using Blogger and look forward to having the first post of the third quarter!

1 comment:

  1. Ben - Nice job on your Reflection Post. You have covered what you did well and what needs work. Plus you have described how Blogger is helpful and the glitches you do not like. I am glad you see how to make improvements and thanks for being organized with all of your blogging and comments this quarter. Great job! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete