Neo Earth

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentina's Reflection Post for Second Quarter







Hello to everyone,

During this Quarter the 7th grade class has made a blog, and each of the students in the class was able to be the scriber for the blog. During my blog post, I made many errors, and recieved many ideas of what I could have added, what I should have improved, and what I had done well.
Some of these things were the following:

Thing I should have improved-

  • One of the biggest errors I made was that I forgot to put the lables at the end.
  • I accidentaly posted my first blog on last year's sixth grade blog.
  • The writing turned out to have come in different fonts, and I should havemade a preview to make sure that didn't happen.
  • One picture of some astronauts in space was incorrect with the subject and the lable.
  • I also wrote that the TBB was measured in Newtons, while it was measured in mass in grams.
  • I should have added other links.
  • People didn't like that I wrote "YOUR CHOICE" on the lab answers.
  • I should have been more clear with my paragraph.
  • Some of my grammar wa incorrect.
  • I could have separated more the paragraphs that didn't match to make it look neater.
  • I should have added more color to the blog
  • There was no date of when tha class had been.
  • There was no real title.
  • The title that I included was wrong because it said "Thursday's class" when I should have written the main topic of the class.
  • I could have included more scientific words and vocabulary.\
  • I forgot to put periods.

Things that I did well-

  • The reader liked most of the pictures because it helped the reader understand.
  • There was a link to moodle.
  • I gave the definitions of the words we studied in class.
  • People liked that I added that mass does not equal weight.
  • I included the directions of the lab and what we part we had already done with the answers.
  • People liked that I included the purpose question.
  • I added well the important information.
  • I explained what we did in class.
  • The post was long and easy to read.
  • I explained well mass, gravity, The law of Gravitation, and weight.
  • My science was explain and wrote well.
  • People enjoyed how I put all the notes we were supposed to take in class so they could go over them.
  • The blog was detailed and thoroght.
  • The pictures (mostly) matched the meaning.


I want to improve my scribe post for the next quarter by spending more time on it, and checking that all of the font, pictures, spelling and colors come out how they are supposed to look like. I also want to improve the science and I want to ask a friend to ceck it and tell me if it understandable. Also, I think that I could add some videos that explain what we did in class. I also want to take pictures during the class, and I want to add more detail of the day. I also want to improve by scribe post by doing it before time, ans changing it eventually if I did major mistakes. I will for sure add lables and I will put a better title. I want to make the blog more interesting by finidng people's results if we have a lab, or asking people their oppininon on the class. Finally, and most of all, I want to put a lot more effort in it.

This blog has had some very good points and some worse points. The main problem was that some of the comments were too harsh, without compliments, and I think that another problem was that the comments didn't seem realistic because they were only based on the instructions and what we were supposed to do, so they seemed unrealistic. But there were also many good affects of this blog. For example, I liked the fact that the whole class was involved, because the students were able to add something the blogger might have forgotten. Also, it made the blog a meeting place, were it became a weekly hbitude, and when someone was sick, the blog always told exactly what had happned and what could have been improved.



Overall I really enjoyed doing this blog and comment because they were interesting and helped anyone with science and with improving whatever they needed!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest Reflection post Valentina. Keep in mind that you need to follow your own suggestions with spell check and previewing your post, as there are a few errors in what you have written. Overall, nice work and I like the images you have included! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete