Neo Earth

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nathan's Reflection Post

I was one of the earlier ones to do my scribe post, and I received many good suggestions of what to improve on for my next scribe post. Here are some things that people talked about in their comments about what I did good on, and what I should do better on next time.

Things I did good:
  • Good use of color
  • Understandable
  • Using an example of one of the sample calculations
  • Listing the DV and IV
  • Nice layout
  • Grammar/Spelling
  • Font
Things I need to improve on:
  • More details
  • More pictures
  • Clarity
  • Longer post
  • More use of links/hyperlinks
  • Shorter sentences
  • More scientific vocabulary
Next quarter I will try to improve my scribe post by adding more hyperlinks, pictures, and maybe a video. I will also try to use suggestions from the comments that people have given me, and fix my post using them. I will try to use more detail to make it clear and use more scientific vocabulary.
Although the blog has been difficult, it has been fun to do sometimes. Commenting on other people posts and comparing their good and bad suggestions has been interesting and fun to do. But I didn't really like doing the scribe post on the blog because I did sometimes hit a wall and would wonder what I should say. Plus, you really want it to be good so you can get a good grade, and that can put pressure on you and make you nervous. But the blog can be very beneficial in many ways. It will help when you miss a day of class, and you wonder what your classmates did. Also, if you forget your homework, you can use this along with Moodle to understand how to do it and when it is due.
Overall, the blog has been very useful at times, and I hope that will be the same for next quarter.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Reflection Post Nathan. You have included everything that was required and have shown you truly understand how too improve your Scribe post. I am glad you have enjoyed blogging and feel it is beneficial for the class for the most part. Good work! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete