Neo Earth

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jakub's Reflection Post

Hi everyone!
For my first scribe post of the year I got 8 comments. Usually my comments to my first post this year were good things, but there were also bad things. Most of my comments that people wrote were true and will help me with the next scribe post that we're going to do in the 3rd quarter.

Things I didn't do well:
  • add more pictures
  • a working link to the moodle-site
  • make the font a bit nicer
  • add more about why velocity is not the same as speed
  • put links to other scientific websites
  • put an example of how to solve all the questions to the answers that I put
  • the formula for acceleration should have been in a separate paragraph
  • put headlines for each paragraph
  • hyperlink the link to the Moodle page
  • explain what "vf", "vi", and "t" represent
  • use scientific vocabulary
  • make the post more understandable
  • explore some new information that would be helpful to this topic
  • include the date of the class in an overall title
  • make it less boring
  • put a diagram or really anything for this topic
  • explain the science more clearly
  • explain the meaning of the letters in your formulas
  • make references so that it is easier to understand
Things I did well:
  • organizing my blog very well
  • colored important words
  • explained the meaning of the words really good
  • I had the cheetah picture that represents velocity
  • the answers to the hw
  • good combination of green and purple colors
  • explanation of what we had to study for the quiz
  • very easy to read and understand
  • detailed post
  • spelling/grammar
  • different sections were seperated well
  • included a link to Moodle
  • good use of scientific stuff

Next quarter I will improve my scribe post by adding more hyperlinks, pictures, and a video (if it has something to do with my post). I will also try to use suggestions from the comments that people wrote for me. I will also try to use more scientific vocabulary and to make it clear I will try to use more detail.
Sometimes the blog was difficult to do, but other times it was fun. The commenting on other people's posts and writting the good and bad things that they did was interesting and fun to do. I didn't really like doing my own scribe post because sometimes I just stopped writting and thought of what I should write to make it interesting and understandable. The other thing is that you want it to be really good so that you could get a good grade and the could make you really nervous. But the blog can help you in many ways. It could help you if you missed a day in school and you wondered what the rest of the class was doing. Also, if you for some reason forget your homework, you can go to the blog (like when you go to Moodle) to see what it is and understand how to do it and when it's due.
Overall, the blog was sometimes useful, and I hope that it will be the same for the next quarter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your Reflection Post Jakub. You have covered all of the requirements of this post and have written in an honest manner. Well Done! ~Ms. D.

    ReplyDelete